About the programme
Connecting Shropshire is a programme bringing faster broadband to areas where it isn’t economically viable for commercial companies to provide it.
Our aspiration is to:
- Deliver superfast broadband* to all premises in the Shropshire Council area;
- Continue to look for funding to support our aim to provide all premises in the Shropshire Council area with access to superfast broadband;
- Support Shropshire businesses and residents in embracing and optimising the use of broadband as part of everyday life;
- Attract additional commercial superfast broadband infrastructure investment;
- Deliver a structured marketing programme for all contract areas, which will make all residents and businesses aware of the benefits of superfast broadband;
- Work with the Mobile Network Operator market to encourage wider exploitation of 4G and 5G data coverage throughout Shropshire to complement broadband infrastructure.
For more information on our strategic approach, please refer to the Local Broadband Plan.
* superfast broadband is capable of delivering 30 megabits per second (mbps).